Curiosità [Consistent willingness to ask ‘why?’ and ‘what if?’]
- Kids would each have notebooks set aside just for jotting down questions and observations and ideas that come to them.
- Many schooldays would start with a warmup curiosity session. Some days might even end with one.
- There would be ‘what if?…why not?’ sessions–individual, whole-group, small-group–in which kids are encouraged to address topics with those open-ended prompts.
- Group sessions would require a recorder to write down the input, a reporter to share it with the class, and a gatekeeper to keep the kids on task.
- The sessions would usually be timed.
- Topics? Sometimes suggested by me, sometimes more free-flowing.
- Depending on the content and the objective of the exercise, groups might vote on the quality/relevance/practicality of the input.