And you only have an hour to plan for those six hours of ‘instruction’?
I’d dive into one of my favorite books: How to Think Like Leonardo da Vinci: Seven Steps to Genius Every Day by Michael J Gelb.
Here are those seven steps: [Follow the links to my treatment of each of the traits.]
- Curiosità [Consistent willingness to ask ‘why?’ and ‘what if?’]
- Connessione [Interconnectedness of phenomena]
- Corporalita [Connectedness of body and mind]
- Sensazione [Heightening of One’s Senses]
- Sfumato [Appreciation of uncertainty]
- Dimostrazione [Willingness to experiment and learn from the results]
- Arte-Scienza [Right-brain and left-brain thinking]
More on what it might look like in the classroom, but thanks to Andrea Balt for her thoughtful treatment of the above traits.